These healthy popcorn shrimp tacos combine classic flavors in a new way! It’s one of my family’s favorites. To make them low-carb, use lettuce instead of tortillas.
|YIELDS||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|4 servings||0 HOURS 15 MINS||0 HOUR 45 MINS|
- 2 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced, optional
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (41-50 per pound), peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 8 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- In a small bowl, combine coleslaw mix, cilantro, lime juice, honey, salt and, if desired, jalapeno; toss to coat. Set aside.
- Preheat air fryer to 375°. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs and milk. Place flour in a separate shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, mix panko, cumin and garlic powder. Dip shrimp in flour to coat both sides; shake off excess. Dip in egg mixture, then in panko mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- In batches, arrange shrimp in a single layer in greased air-fryer basket; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown, 2-3 minutes. Turn; spritz with cooking spray. Cook until golden brown and shrimp turn pink, 2-3 minutes longer.
- Serve shrimp in tortillas with coleslaw mix and avocado.