Apricot and Pistachio Biscotti
- 2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c. cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. orange zest, finely grated
- 1 c. shelled pistachios
- 1 c. dried apricots, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, combine oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and orange zest in a large bowl. Gradually add flour mixture, mixing until fully incorporated (the dough will be very stiff). Fold in pistachios and apricots.
- Divide dough into 6 portions and, with floured hands, roll each portion into a 11⁄2-in.-thick log (about 6 in. long). Place crosswise on the prepared baking sheets and slightly flatten the tops. Bake, rotating the positions of the pans halfway through, until light golden brown and tops begin to crack, 30 to 40 minutes. Let logs cool 15 minutes.
- Using a serrated knife, cut logs on a slight diagonal into 1⁄4-in.-thick slices. Arrange slices on the same sheets in a single layer and bake until light golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
NUTRITION (per cookie): 45 calories, 1 g protein, 7 g carbs, 0 g fiber, 3 g sugars (2.5 g added sugars), 1.5 g fat (0 g sat fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 15 mg sodium