How to Make Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
You can certainly stop there, filling your air fryer baked potatoes with a little butter and sour cream. But I’d highly recommend taking the extra steps to make these healthy twice baked potatoes!
Step 2: Scoop out the center of the potatoes, leaving a thin layer around the edges, and add to the bowl.
Step 3: Add fat free Greek yogurt and mix everything together.
Step 4: Fill the potato skins with the twice baked potato filling.
Step 5: Add the filled potatoes to an air fryer basket and top with shredded cheddar. Air fry for 5-8 minutes at 400ºF to fully melt the cheese.
- 4 Russet Potatoes, 8 ounces each*
- 1/4 tsp Kosher Salt
- 6 slices Center Cut Bacon, cut into strips
- 1 C (227g) Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 2 Tbsp (28g) Light Butter
- 1 1/4 C (140g) Shredded Cheddar, divided
- 1/4-1/2 tsp Black Pepper, to taste
- 1-2 handfuls (10g) Parsley, finely chopped
- Chives or scallions, for optional toppings
- Wash and dry the potatoes before using a fork to poke holes all around each potato. Spray each potato with cooking spray or rub with oil and sprinkle with salt. Place in an air fryer basket and air fry at 400ºF for 35-40 minutes until the potatoes are cooked in the center (a fork easily pokes through or 190ºF to 200ºF internal temp). Set aside to cool.
- When the potatoes are nearly done, fully cook the bacon (or used pre-cooked bacon) and drain any remaining grease. Add 3/4 of the cooked bacon pieces to a bowl with the butter, parsley, black pepper, and 3/4 C (84g) of the cheddar.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and use a spoon to scoop out the insides, leaving a thin layer of potato in tact around the edge of the potato skin. Place the scooped potatoes in the bowl with the butter mixture. Stir everything together before adding the yogurt.
- Fill the potato skins with the mixture and top with the remaining cheddar. Air fry an additional 5-8 minutes at 400ºF until the cheese is melted. (You may need to cook in batches depending on the size of your air fryer.) Top the finished potatoes with the remaining bacon and chives, if desired.