We love the classic fish and chip combo and normally turn to our favorite Beer Battered Fish when the craving hits. Sometimes, though, we just don't like the idea of pulling out the big oven and filling it up with way too much oil. Frying can be messy and we'd like to skip over that part. This air fryer fish is the perfect substitute. It is every bit as crunchy and the fish stays perfectly flaky. Skipping the frying means no unnecessary oil and it takes less time!
|YIELDS||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|2 SERVINGS||0 HOURS 10 MINS||0 HOURS 30 MINS|
- 1 lb. cod, cut into 4 strips
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 c. all-purpose flour
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 c. panko bread crumbs
- 1 tsp. Old Bay seasoning
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Tartar sauce, for serving
- Pat fish dry and season on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place flour, egg, and panko in three shallow bowls. Add Old Bay to panko and toss to combine. Working one at a time, coat fish in flour, then in egg, and finally in panko, pressing to coat.
- Working in batches, place fish in basket of air fryer and cook at 400° for 10 to 12 minutes, gently flipping halfway through, or until fish is golden and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon wedges and tartar sauce.