Fried chicken wings are delicious, but they make a big mess. These air fryer wings are super easy, and they're just as crunchy as the oil-fried kind. We're hooked!
This recipe is a great base for all kinds of wings. Of course, you can keep it classic with buffalo sauce, a side of blue cheese dressing, and some crunchy veggies. Or, if you wanna switch it up, try the sweet and spicy sauce from our Korean Fried Chicken, or keep it simple with Lemon Pepper Wings seasoning.
Pro tip: For the crispiest possible wings, pat your chicken completely dry with paper towels before seasoning. Even better, let your wings chill uncovered in the refrigerator for an hour or two before patting dry and seasoning.
Made these? Let us know how it went in the comment section below!
|YIELDS||PREP TIME||TOTAL TIME|
|4 SERVINGS||0 HOURS 10 MINS||0 HOURS 45 MINS|
- 2 lb. chicken wings
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1/4 c. hot sauce (such as Frank's)
- 4 tbsp. melted butter
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- Blue cheese dressing, for serving
- Season wings all over with salt and pepper, and coat the inside of air fryer with nonstick cooking spray.
- Set air fryer to 380° and cook wings 12 minutes. Remove air fryer tray, flip wings, and cook 12 minutes more. Increase heat to 400° and cook 5 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, whisk to combine hot sauce, butter, Worcestershire sauce, and garlic powder. Add cooked wings and toss gently to coat. Serve hot with blue cheese dressing for dipping.